Friday, November 15, 2013

Project Runway, Revamped!

Hi everyone! My name is Barbara Regala and I am currently majoring in Fashion Marketing and Management. My PR class had the opportunity to take clothes from previous Project Runway seasons, and give new life to the wardrobe we picked and styled. Our class then partnered with a photography class, and I was given the opportunity to partner with Nic Candito as my photographer for my shoot. The jacket I styled, is by Jerell Scott, who was featured on the 2nd season of Project Runway, and created this jacket for Project Runway All Stars.


The transformation.

While I had researched the garment, the jacket was presented in a totally different way than what I had in mine. In the show, the jacket was paired with a below-the-knee skirt, and and a beehive up-do, very conservative. When I came across the jacket, I was taken away with the amount of detail the jacket had, and how extraordinary it was just by itself. Given the amount of popularity street-wear has become, I wanted a model who had a bad-ass attitude, someone who is greatly influence by art and culture, someone who wasn’t afraid to take risks, and someone who is confident and loves a great piece of art. My classmate, Jordan Overstreet, was the perfect person to illustrate that persona which I felt she would bring justice to the beauty of the garment. The styling of this jacket was pretty easy for me, it required no garment to be worn underneath the jacket, messy low-bun do, and dark red lip-stick, all to work best against the dark rim.


No comments:

Post a Comment