Friday, November 15, 2013

In a New Light:




As a Fashion Marketing& Management student I enjoy doing projects where I can get creative and show case my styling skills. I was excited to hear that my PR and Promotions class would have a chance to choose garments from past Project Runway contestants. It was love at first sight when I saw the beautiful goddess inspired Bert Keeter dress. I chose this dress for the Rim Lighting photo shoot because the dress had some metallic elements to it which I knew would photograph beautifully.
This dress designed by Bert Keeter was so beautiful and I felt that adding  some texture would make the dress even more glamorous so I added my own personal mixed fur vest. The vest added a sophisticated element to the look. As for accessories and shoes I wanted to go for that golden goddess element but a little rough around the edges so, I added a necklace that was edgy paired along with a color cocktail ring. The shoes I used were simple but the strap around the ankle had glitter. This dress is the perfect dress where you can totally dress it up or dress it down.
My inspiration behind the entire look I put together was glamorous girl meets rocker chic. I felt like those two looks coming together would make the dress look completely different and bring it out in a new light for the public to see. Styling this garment was so much fun because it has so much potential.
Photographer: Kenny Rivera
Stylist: Vivianne Lugo
Model: Monica Leyva
Designer: Bert Keeter



No comments:

Post a Comment