Monday, May 5, 2014

An Insight into an Enptrepreneur's Struggle



Victor Saavedra
Business Owner
Contact Information
Email: vhcoinlaundryservices@yahoo.com

Victor Saavedra owns his own Laundry Matt Business and Service. He has been in the business for over than 20 years.He has two successful business ventures that he established on his own. In his interview he gives young entrepreneurs tips and insight through his past experiences of owning his own business.
1.       How did you start your business?
When I first started my own business I was scared to take the risk. I had years of experience working in my field so I was knowledgeable about starting my own business in the same field. The first thing I had to do to start my own business was to get my business licenses. I went to City Hall and asked how can I obtain my business license. They asked me how long I have been working the company I worked at. I told them I had 11 years working with the company and they told me that I had enough experience to receive my business license and I just had to pay $50 for it.

2.       Did anyone help you along the way?    
I first depended on the company I worked for and I worked for them for about 11 years. During that time I learned how to run a laundry business, how to talk to clients, and gained skills on managing other workers. At first I was very quite and shy when it came to talking to clients but as I grew I became confident and charismatic. I had a lot of mentors that helped me along the way. They helped me really learn about the Laundry Matt Service so that later I can take that knowledge and start my own business.

3.       What are some of the challenges you faced?
Every single job I did was a challenge because I had to run the show by myself with only a few workers to help. Financially it was a struggle because we started with very little money we were living job by job. I had to borrow money from family to complete some of the jobs I would do. I would even have family members that would help me by working for free. I spent a lot of my time working and put in a lot of over work that at times became very stressful for me.


4.       What are some tips that you could give people that want to start their own business?
I would tell them to have a lot of patience and to not give up. There are going to be times where things get really tough that you want to give up but you just have to keep striding forward. They have to have a lot of patience because they might see results right away or even profit. They have to believe in their idea/product/service and believe that its going to be successful. They also should not let their fears get the best of them because I would have let my fear get the best of me I would have never started my own business.

5.       Where do you see your business in 5 years?
I have been in this business for over 20 years hopefully in the next 5 years I can pass down my business to my son so that he can take over where I left off. At least he doesn’t have to start from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment