Thursday, November 14, 2013

Project Runway Photo Shoot - Anthony L. Williams Burlap Dress


    I was given the unique opportunity to style garments that any fashion student would die over…clothing had walked the likes of the Project Runway stage.  It was an immense honor to be able to see these garments in person, let alone choose some to style, and, in my case, even model.  I chose a burlap dress that through my research I found was designed by Anthony L. Williams from season 7 of Project Runway.  This dress was made during an alternative challenge where they had to use only burlap as the main source of fabric.
    This dress really spoke to me because it is made out of a very unconventional material (a burlap sack), yet is still so beautifully constructed and really holds the draping well because of the durability of the fabric.  The bodice of the dress is very form-fitting, while the skirt has a much more voluminous form.  I decided to make the styling of this dress very simple because the detail not only in the fabric itself, but also in the folds and drapes that Anthony created are enough on their own.  I didn’t want to cover the garment with unnecessary accessories.  
    My photos were taken by the marvelous Wes Aldana, and were modeled by myself.  Working with the Project Runway garments was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will forever cherish.  The shoot was incredibly exciting, and I look forward to the next one that is coming up in a week.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment