Friday, November 15, 2013

Project Runway's Photo Shoot!





I am Devi Ratnasari, a Fashion Marketing & Management Student in San Francisco. In Fashion, my main interest is styling and photography. I participated in an interesting photo shoot with garments I styled from Project Runway, which allowed me to play with my creativity and make the garment become more stylish and fashion forward. From the photo shoot, I had an opportunity to create different look and style for my model. The person who modeled for this project is Haeni Ulfa or also known as Ulfa. She is my high school friend. Her photogenic and camera-friendly looks are the reasons why I called her to be a part of this project. Gabriela Herrera is the photographer who is responsible taking the photos behind this work. She is fun and easy-going to work with. I am glad that she is able to my vision come true.

My styling idea and inspiration come from the classic beauty who also known as India most fashion “it” girl, Sonam Kapoor, who has beautiful features for traditional and modern look at the same time. She is a natural beauty someone who can pull off any versatile looks depending on the given theme. For make-up, I applied smokey eyes look and light pink lip-gloss and a wavy natural hair for my model. I keep it low on the hair mainly to highlight the make-up and enhance the garment.


That garment that I use for rim lighting photo shoot is from the designer Janeane Marie Ceccanti, She was the contestant from Project Runway Season 7, most of her design influences come from literature and history, music, art and earth science and space. She likes making garments that are beautiful and well crafted and environmentally friendly, she is a fan of Riccardo Tisci’s work for Givenchy.


No comments:

Post a Comment