Thursday, November 14, 2013

Re-Cycled Project Runway Fashion



Fashion is a never ending cycle that can be manipulated in many different ways. A perfect example of classic fashion manipulation is ‘the makeover’. Makeovers are mostly known for targeting an individual’s style, but a garment can also get a makeover and given new life. This was the focus and direction I had when approaching the restyling of Jonathan Joseph Peter’s dress from the 7th season of Project Runway.
Although this was not a popular garment with the judges, there was something beautiful and simple about it that I couldn't ignore. I knew that it was an excellent opportunity to make it into something new and exciting. A garment like this stands alone and I wanted to make sure not to take away from it with over styling; I didn't want to overdo it. When approaching the make-up and hair styling for my model Maddie Tabor, I took a more sophisticated and simple approach. Because this dress stands out so much on its own, combining it with a more sleek and classic look was the perfect match and I am more than pleased with the result. Sometimes a style or garment just needs to be reproached or in this instance restyled and the results can be exciting and surprising. 





Blog Post: Kimberley Casazza
Dress: Jonathan Joseph Peters
Project Runway: A Little Bit of Fashion - Season 7, Episode 6
Model: Maddie Tabor
Hair & Makeup: Kimberley Casazza
Photography: Wes Aldana

No comments:

Post a Comment