Friday, December 13, 2013

Project Runway Mystery Style Shoot


By: Taiisha Kasai


Oh how edgy are these glamorous shots? This past quarter I got the opportunity to play stylist and create high-fashion looks with designs featured on past episodes of Project Runway. The goal was to breathe new life into these garments while incorporating our own sense of style into the look. With pieces from designers Jay Nicolas Sario, Uli Herzner and others, my classmates and I were truly inspired to rummage around and find the perfect items for our visions. For my looks I envisioned a strong fiery goddess, and her counterpart, a softer, edgier version of the goddess. I found a beautifully stitched red, black, and orange patent leather corset that I knew would look fabulous with a pair of my black leather short-shorts from Forever 21. I wanted small accents of gold jewelry and a smooth ponytail to focus solely on the corset, and black buckle wedge shoes. For my softer look, I found a snakeskin textured leather bolero jacket, and a pair of cream high waisted leggings with a beautiful screenprint of butterflies cascading down the side of the legs. I chose a high ponytail, chunky jewelry and chunky tan Steve Madden wedges to add a glam element to this edgy look. After weeks of research, I was unable to find the designers responsible for these pieces! So as they remain a mystery, we can still admire and guess who this beautiful work belongs to. My best friend Nicole served as my gorgeous model and muse, and my friend Tiffany provided hair and makeup. All shots provided by photography student Gabriella Herrera!



Follow me on Instagram and Twitter for more! @taiiBOMBshell
Follow Nicole and Tiffany on Instagram! @nicolovinnn_ @luv_tiff
Photography inquiries contact Gabriela at herrerapgabriela@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment