Friday, May 24, 2013

Inspired by Jeremy Scott: Francisco Rodriguez, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Fashion Design

Q: Who is your role model?
A: My role models would have to be my parents and my older sister.

Q: What do you hope to achieve after graduation?
A: After graduation I plan on looking for a job in my field and travel to New York or out of the states to explore more of the fashion industry.

Q: If you had the opportunity to work with any designer, who would it be and why?
A: The designer would be Jeremy Scott. I feel like his designs represent me as a designer with his dark humor style, funky prints, and pop culture references.

 Photography by: Bryan Hu, Associate of Art, Photography


I am inspired by personal time to myself, whether I am taking a walk around town or taking a long shower while day dreaming. Music would be another important inspiration. I listen to the lyrics and beats to imagine what each character or my idea of that character is wearing in that moment. The flow of the music can determine the design for a garment.
(c) Francisco Rodriguez, 2013

I was raised in the countryside of Fresno, California and grew up having a farm lifestyle. I was never one to go out shopping. I rarely buy clothes for myself. I like to think of myself only creating clothes for other people to wear. I never really cared how I dressed every day.






No comments:

Post a Comment