Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My San Francisco Essentials

As Fall starts to approach us, we begin our quest to stocking up on knits, leggings, boots, and jackets. But for me and many other San Franciscans, it seems like Fall/Winter every season even in the summer. So for all of us confused on what to wear in city, to buy and what not to buy, here are some of my favorite must have pieces that are completely recyclable all year round!





1. My first essentials are sneakers, preferably Converse. I like to think that I can rock my sneakers around the city like THE Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City, but of course not everyone is as fashionable as SJP. Converse are a great way to roam around the concrete jungle of SF or just about anywhere, they're super comfy and super cute with almost any outfit. 

2. Ripped jeans for me are a must! Almost anyone can pull of ripped jeans with any top, during any season. paired with stilettos, pumps, boots, or flats, ripped jeans can add more texture and more fun to any outfit. 


3. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am constantly in knit sweaters, they're super comfy and fashionable. Knits are great during any season because they're lightweight, and breathable. During the summer you can even pull an off the shoulder look to show a little skin. Long knits like the above image give off a beachy kind of look and feel which is why they can be pulled off in summer and not just in the cold seasons. 





4. My final must-have are scarves! Just like with knits, they come in an array of fabrics, colors and textures. In the summer they can even be transformed into a dress, top, and even a coverup given the many ways scarves can be worn. I love to wear scarves during the spring because it kind of gives my outfit a bridge between winter and summer, which is what spring is about.  


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Very helpful for someone who is a non san franciscan and is always questioning what to wear in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am learning the secret of wearing scarves in San Francisco - took me over 20 years...

    ReplyDelete