Thursday, November 14, 2013

Project Runway Restyled

A Whole New Look

Two weeks ago my PR and Promotions class was given the task of restyling some of the clothes that were created on the popular fashion show: Project Runway. We teamed up with the Advanced Lighting photography class who took the amazing shots using rim lighting. 

The outfit I chose was created by designer Austin Scarlett who competed on the show in Season 1 and Project Runway All Stars Season 1. The skirt that my model and fellow classmate, Maddie Tabor wore was actually the bottom of one of Austin's finale dresses that seemed to be deconstructed when I found it! 
I styled the bottom of the gown to be worn as a high waisted full skirt with a lace bandeau top. Maddie's hair and make up was done by my fellow classmate, Kimberley Cassazza. We went for a simple braided up do, rosy lips and smoky eye.  My photographer Miki Hirai, did an amazing job shooting and editing the photos! I knew I wanted to add something more to the simple black backdrop so I bought some iridescent confetti and threw into the background, which gave the shoot a very snowy and magical effect.
               



Image credit: http://www.masslive.com/television/index.ssf/2012/03/project_runway_all-stars_finale_part_2_recap_mondo_guerra_winner.html



No comments:

Post a Comment